Thursday, January 15, 2009

Netlibrary and Overdrive

I’m actually very familiar with Netlibrary, but since the last I heard was that SAPL was intending to go more towards Overdrive, I spent more time looking at Overdrive. I watched all the online instructionals and, because it had visual demonstrations of the steps, I felt that it was very informative in giving me a better understanding of how Overdrive works. Just to practice, I checked out a dinosaur book on Overdrive. After browsing the materials, it seems to me that right now, the material available on Overdrive is somewhat limited. Every major title I looked for was not there. Like Netlibrary, the collections, at least as they stand in the present, seem to favor certain types of books and items. It will be interesting to see in the future how and if the collection on Overdrive will expand.

No comments:

Post a Comment